I suppose this is a commentary or a follow-up of my last post – poem, “Think about us….?” – I hope this gives you, the reader, some context and a deeper understanding of my beliefs and where that and my other writings come from.
First excerpt from a monologue I wrote and performed earlier this year:
“For years I thought that I was meant to be a bird. For a bird has wings and is free to fly wherever it wants to go. And see the world from angles and heights, which no one else has tried to reach. The endless sky being its home. The horizon, a never reached destination. But the bird is free to fly wherever it wants to go.”
My biggest lessons from unhealthy (platonic and non-platonic) relationships I engaged in in my past:
- You MUST stand in your own integrity as a person. You know right from wrong so do right, but also remember that you are an example to those in your life of how to treat you right.
- NEVER allow ANYONE to make you think you’re not worthy of their time, of their energy, of their affection, of their commitment or of their love. YOU are worthy of love and deserve to be loved. (FYI: You ARE loved!)
- Love does NOT hurt. People use love to justify behaviors and words that are not mindful, that are hurtful. But that is not love. Love does not hurt.
- To be able to experience love, you have to ensure three things:
- You have to check and break down your ego.
- You have to reach and discover and be intimate with YOUR bedrock of truth.
- You have to love YOU first.
Last excerpt of the monologue:
“[It took me while to get here, but] I am a bird now. Flying high in the sky. In the direction where I want to go. With people who lift me and nurture my growth. And yes I’m still alone but I never once looked back. All that I remember now is what love doesn’t look like.”
I wish you peace, joy and love.